Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Road to Cashel

I underestimated the mental energy this project would take when combined with my thesis research and trying to maintain some semblance of an exercise schedule to keep my body from turning into a lump of hagen daas icecream with two, beady computer screen eyes.  Woops!  I did a nice, easy one today to give myself a break.  This is a traditional Irish reel I learned off of an Altan recording.




So... I need some guest artists here on NTAD to learn a tune in my stead! If you are interested, just send me a video with you playing a tune you learned that day (you don't have to film your face if that's a concern) and I'll put you on the blog on the youtube channel!

5 comments:

  1. Keep it up Katie. You're an inspiration to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a huge project - it takes me a week to learn a new tune, and an indeterminate time to play it well - give yourself a break, but please don't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like schlep said.. :)
    It's one thing to burn bright, another altogether to burn out ;)
    There's not a doubt in your mind that you really can learn a tune a day but don't let it "kill" you in the process.
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *There's not a doubt in MY mind, of course.. Sorry bout that typo :)

    ReplyDelete