Thursday, December 22, 2011

Killavil Fancy

Today, a reel off of Frankie Gavin and Alec Finn's duo album.  The track is called Ryan's, and it's a set of two reels.  I learned the second of the two, Killavil Fancy or Ryan's No. 1.  I tuned my fiddle up a half-step (sort of) to play along with the recording and keep it that way for my video.

It's the week before Christmas, and all through my house we're going slightly insane.  I have a theory that Christmas is celebrated when it is because back in Celtic pagan history, people needed something to look forward to during the absolute yuckiest part of the year.  Cold, dark, sleet, grey clouds, snow and freezing rain.  So let's decorate a tree and light stuff on fire!  That makes everyone feel marginally better, despite the lingering seasonal affective disorder that I think most humans have (certainly I do.)  But now Christmas is mostly about getting in the car and shopping for stuff, which for me at least, only exacerbates the horribleness of winter.  I wish I could go light stuff on fire instead.

On that note, here's a lovely little reel!


No comments:

Post a Comment